Friday, April 5, 2013

September 2012

 We started the month going to the first Husker football game of the season. Again, I think it was the hottest day of the year! Tom and Nancy were kind enough to ask us to sit in their (air conditioned) box. 
 Kingzlee started pre school!!!!!! She goes Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 am-11:30 am. In addition, she started dance again (Monday evenings) and gymnastics (Tuesday mornings). It keeps her nice and busy! By this time, the babies were on a solid schedule of two naps a day 9-11 and 3-5. So nice to have routine!!! They were also both crawling-Stuhrling started about a month before Kruzann. 
 We had to have our annual Husker Harvest Days photo! The weekend prior, I went to Beaver Creek with my Mom and our friends Marcia and Connie for a little mother/daughter trip! It was a nice get away (3 nights). Marcia and Connie's condo is beautiful and it was so relaxing. During this time, Kingzlee had her first sleepover at Grandma Pam and Grandpa Jack's house and Justin also took her to the Pitzer horse sale (the babies stayed home with the babysitter).
 Kingzlee attended her first "horse show". This same weekend was a big weekend at Hastings College so we stayed in town to enjoy the festivities, the best part was seeing Kingzlee's babysitter, Betsy, be crowned homecoming queen for HC!!!!! Back to the horse show.....it was a little trail course and Kingzlee went through it a couple times on Beau and did a great job! She even "won" her little division and came home with $20 in winnings (which she put in our safe as soon as she got home). Meanwhile, I decided I would ride the old stick of glue and he about killed me! I asked him to lope one last time as we were finishing the course and he tripped and fell ON me!!!! Luckily he didn't roll all of the way over and thank goodness it wasn't Kingzlee on his back! I hopped right up after he got off of my leg and the first step I took my knee kind of hurt but I walked out and even carried a kid for a while afterward. By the time I got home, I could barely walk and the next day, and MRI showed a torn ACL and both meniscus. I had surgery 9 days later and thus started a long, long, fall of rehab. 
Getting love from everyone before surgery. I was not able to carry the babies for 6 weeks. It is quite a blur. Along with this, I quit breastfeeding-the babies were 10 months but I was really hoping to make it to a year. A huge bump in the road of life but again, we are thankful that it wasn't worse!

No comments: