Friday, August 8, 2008

The Waiting Game


So here we are, nursery is ready, shower is over, bags are packed, now we just patiently wait for Baby O! That or we are running around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to get things finished before her arrival! I am trying to get all of my custom orders and remounts out the door before she arrives. Also, I have been working on the show that I will be having at Graham Gallery the first of November. I know that I will not have tons of time after the baby is born so I am trying to get all of my ducks in a row now! Justin is busy as ever at work. Speaking of, they had a really nice shower for us on Tuesday at his office. As soon I get the photos I will post them.



Above is a photo of the canvas paintings, the pink lamp, pink photo frames and the Baby O sign they gave us at the shower. The canvas to the left is actually my 'self portrait' that I made for a juried show at Graham Gallery, it hangs at the gallery now until the end of the month. The canvas that goes in its place is hidden as it has her name on it!!!! The next photo is the crib with the pink bedding which was hidden in the last photos. Also, the bust is in the corner that everyone signed at the shower. We just need the mirror and shelving and the room will be complete! Friends Angela and Mark are working on them now, I will post photos as soon as everything is mounted. It sure is nice to have talented friends since Justin complains if he has to hang a picture!


We had a Dr appointment yesterday and they discovered that I am not measuring any larger than I was 3 weeks ago. I am still gaining weight so I must be getting wider!!! They did an ultrasound to put our minds at ease and everything looked good. Then they did a non-stress test which also came out good. So we can relax now! He thinks that she must have 'dropped' which is why I am not measuring as I should be. Also, the non-stress test showed that I am having some contractions, so those are both good signs! Though I know with a first baby, delivery could still be weeks away!


We are off to the lake this weekend, it is the last time we will be there without Baby O! We are taking the boat out as they are going to start lowering the water. We often wonder how we will ever have room for Baby O as the pick-up is usually packed full and the dogs take up the entire back seat. The dogs are going to have to learn to share! I feel bad as this baby is going to rock their perfect, spoiled little world! We have a couple little toys for Baby O and the dogs look at them like "Why aren't you giving us that toy? Toys are for us!!!" But once she learns how to throw a ball, they will be in heaven!


That is all for now!! Have a great weekend!!!!

No comments: